I researched everything I put into this home vigorously, I have in fact driven Michael mad with my indecisions. As things have to be just right as I don’t plan on doing it again. I can hear you laughing, ha ha who does she think she is, a washing machine will only last you 5 years ( I have faith, however misguided )
So I researched all my white goods thoroughly, visited and tested out the various white goods sellers, came across those sellers that are:
- the pushy ones
- the ones who had no idea what they were talking about
- the ones with poor standards, and ethics
- even the ones who couldn’t write and print out a professional quote, she scribbled all over it
I am after all a Retail Trainer and proud of it, there are those out there, who have me hang my head in shame
So I settled on the lovely people at KHQ in Osborne Park, where I spent a lot of money and was well looked after
I was searching for a quality condenser dryer, so my laundry won’t looking like a sauna, (the walls all sweaty) I also wanted a matching washing machine, I have this thing where everything must match and be even.
Well I settled on ASKO, (5 star rating, very expensive) which proved to be a mistake. Heres what happened, upon delivery which was the day we shifted in:
- the delivery driver huffed and puffed and carried on like a pork chop, as we didn’t have the drive in, so he had to cross firm sand
- our wonderful removalists helped him
- one week later, the washing machine cracked it and wouldn’t start
- had to take time off work to have it repaired it needed a new mother board
- when the repairman turned up he was miffed as the dryer was on top off the washing machine (as it is meant to be)
|Dryer on top as it is meant to be|
|Washing machine below|
I said ( in my don’t mess with me voice) that since I wasn’t in his industry, and nobody had asked me to remove the dryer, that I hadn’t had a front loader before, how the hell was I supposed to know that it needed to be removed (logical I guess, you are talking to woman who has now been without a washing machine for 5 days); and suggested he came back another time. He got the hint and removed the dryer carefully, I had already asked if he wanted me to remove it
Well then after fixing it, he tried giving me a run down on the different washing powders, and the use of fabric softener and all the no no’s as I guess this machine is very precious. I said I never used fabric softener and I used an environmentally safe washing liquid (Method), he shut up after that, he was such a Pratt!
Well alas all was not well, as after 6 months it cracked it again, this time a spring had twisted that holds the drum to the machine.
So another appointment was made and more time taken off work, you have to fit in with them not them with you even though it is not your fault. I feel like I am being punished, also still having issues with the mother board at this time, bad wiring!
Unfortunately that was not the end of it, yes it cracked it again, and yes the electronics, once again was giving grief, I had already been to the warehouse and asked for the machine to be replaced after having to have it repaired three times. (that is three appointments and three times off work) The manager looks down at me from afar and said they will see what is wrong with it first. (Arrogant prick)
When the third repairman came out he said:
- the spring has twisted (again)
- the mother board has cracked it
- it will need to be replaced
- why haven’t they replaced the machine he asked?