Then to Auckland we went
Ha, here at last for dad’s 80th. funny thing nearly happened on the way. My beautiful brother likes to hang s…t on our dad, a bit of a family tradition, he said to dad, last September when they were here for another lovely brothers wedding, that.
‘Dad we have gone to a lot of trouble to organise this Birthday for you, so all you have to do is stay alive’
|My fabulous brother who was a groomsman , I have a fantastic photo of the groom and I, but I have lost the hojamawotzit to scan the bloody photo, so it will have to wait for another time.|
I think it’s called Karma and heres why.
We left Sydney late in the day and caught the ugly flight into Auckland, arriving at midnight, we wanted to drink in every last drop of Sydney as we weren’t coming back any time soon.
Lucky us, Luke (Michael’s brother and partner) and Vicki met us at the airport in Auckland as they had a car for us to use, gotta love them.
- For coming out that late at night
- For giving us a car to use
- Because they care xx
Michael had to roll the car gently forward without breaking the barrier gates, getting as close to the barrier as he could so Sam could shove the ticket into the box thingy through from her window. Saved once again by Sam. xx
They said they had lights on for us and everything. Now that would have helped had there not been a power cut, which the district of Titirangi is often want to do. So we pulled up in the dark, this is a bit of a country area, so we scouted around trying to read the letter box numbers. Failed!!!
- Went home got a few hours sleep
- Got up Thursday and went to work
- Thursday afternoon 3.30ish went back to airport to pick up Brittany and Lucas
- Took them to said accommodation
- Went home grabbed a couple of beers, kissed his family and went to a mates for a quick catch up
- Got home a couple of hours later and said to his lovely tolerant wife Sarah
- ‘I don’t feel the best think I might have a bug, that’s the last thing I want to give everyone’
- Trotted of to the doctors who said ‘I think you had better go to hospital’
- Suspected appendicitis, see Karma is looming
- So this is Friday and the party is on Sunday.
- He then later that night said to the lovely nurses, who by the way he had nothing but praise for, he said
- ‘I don’t want to make a fuss but the pain has gone’
- Guess what, his appendix had BURST