Pilates an exercise of choice, love love loved Pilates at one time, alas a young instructor insisting my middle aged body go in directions that it didn’t like.
Three week recovery period, returning pain free to be faced by yet another instructor, a repeating cycle till I said thanks but no thanks, we parted ways.
Yoga, ha ha you are funny, beam me up scotty. Walking my way up a wall feet first to rest my body on my shoulders – Failed, legs repeatedly
slammed slide back to the floor.
Laying flat on the ground, posing like a frog who has been abandoned on his back , then to have a grubby bean bag placed over your eyes, listening to the gentle snoring of your class mates didn’t cut it for me either.
Walking 4kms in 40 minutes at best, due to a car accident leaving me with injuries of no return, my pelvis aches if I walk any faster though I can walk further.
Bicycle riding is my current love, sitting upright, no leaning forward for me due to a previous bicycle and that car accident.
Clearly I struggle to stay on my own two feet, this I know for fact.
Today as I Float Down the Hill
Today as I cycle down the hill wearing a helmet that strongly resembles a milk crate, images of that bike accident cross my mind.
This road is flat, except for one smallish hill, if I really wanted to I could find other hills but it’s early days.
Heading home gliding along, feeling the tyres travel over the debris, maintaining my balance, wobbling a little, focused.
I see the hill I need to travel back up to, to get home
- I swivel around the concrete pad looking left and right no traffic
- Not a soul on the street this is my lucky day
- I change gears down, surprised that I have mastered this skill already (lucky break)
- I pump myself up, charge, heart racing, hoping against hope I reach the top
- Half way up I pump my strained legs a little harder, pleading with them to not let me down
- Reaching the top huffing and puffing, breaking out in a sweat, elated, lifting my head, shoulders back grinning from ear to ear
- I did it, and no one spotted me at least I hope not
- I really truly thought I wasn’t going to make it
Oh and if I was honest I would say that hill is actually an incline but lets not split hairs
I notice now that I have bruises on the inside of both knees since riding.
No idea how that’s happening, any ideas?
A big thank you to my community for supporting me, very very much appreciated, I love you all.
Who wants to hear about my first bicycle accident?